New Dawn [Celine Dion]

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours.
[Swedish Proverb]

Well, the final hours of 2009 are winding down and 2010 is coming at us at full speed. And not just a new year - a new decade?! We spent a good portion of a conversation before I left North Carolina talking about how fast time moves. It seems something that gets talked about as you grow up - how slow a year seemed to move back in elementary school (seriously, it took so long for summer arrive and then vacation seemed to last an eternity) and how four years of college went by in the blink of an eye (really, I've been out of undergrad for almost three years? Completed a semester of my Master's Degree?). Where's the pause button? Or at least that little button that looks like a pause button mated with a play button? The one that plays the movie at a really slow speed?

However, 2009 was a pretty awesome year. It was quite the roller coaster, and while ringing in the New Year at Ginny's wedding in VA I never would have imagined where I would be today. So, as many people have done today, I present you with My 2009 in (a few) words and pictures.

- Took a trip to Nashville to visit some old friends from elementary school.

- For the second time while in Chapel Hill, my Carolina Tar Heels win the NCAA Championship.

- I put my NC Zoo membership to good use.

- I spent a lot of time practicing Aerials (my friend AS in the picture, not me)

- I finally made it to see the Lemurs in Durham after 6 years in NC

- Beach Week '09 was a great time with great friends

- Had 2 Fourth of July's - One in Wake, and one in CH - both were spending evenings with my amazing friends.

- Roommate (and best friend) Lori and I went to Carrowinds (finally)

- Dad and I went to DC for his first trip there since his and Mom's honeymoon

-Went out to lunch for my Last Day of work (!!!)

- Impromptu Beach trip with (old roommate) Morgan

- Durham Bulls Game with Lori & Carrie (oh, and Lee & Andy too)

- Going away party, Chapel Hill style

- I officially moved away from Chapel Hill. Here Phoenix is my loyal co-pilot as we led mom and the U-Haul back to NH

-Went to RI to watch Mark & Kyp win stuff for their movie "Don't Forget The Milk"

- Had a last dinner in the States with mom, dad, Stephie and her dad.

- I started this Blog, keeping you the most informed over what's going on in the life of yours truly.
-Oh, and I moved to Budapest, Hungary. But for those pictures you have a whole blog to look over :)

3 comments:

  1. What fun photos to show your fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a blessed 2009, and here's to even more blessings in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for coming to nashville!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for your comments! I'm only happy when I have comments. Really. You are contributing to my future happiness right now! XOXO