What's So Amazing, That Keeps Us Stargazing?

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

So, it didn't rain yesterday at all (and it wasn't supposed to even), but still when I looked out my window around sunset time (which is holding out until about 5:30 now! Score!) there was a rainbow.

And of course, I have to share. Rainbows are one of those natural beauties, a rare and magical event, that you can't really keep to yourself.

I was fist drawn to the beautiful orangeish and golden hues that were scattered across the rooftops of Suburbia, Budapest. It was the sort of colors you'd expect to see on a crisp autumn day, but there they were, heralding in Spring to this dreary city. And when I pulled out my camera to take some pictures it was only then, through the lens of my Nikon, that I saw those beautiful colors in the sky.

And I was happy. Just plain happy.

It's the little things in life!







[An Irish Blessing]

7 comments:

  1. Really beautiful...rainbows always make me pause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainbows always make me so happy too. I love your Shabby Blog background. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment on my blog!

    I love the rainbow pictures, the last time I saw one a few months ago it was beautiful and I was annoyed that I didn't have my camera handy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nature's beauty always makes me reflective as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was so beautiful C! Thank you for your comment on my blog. I actually was in the ER today with a kidney stone, but am doing better now. Thank you for following my blog-off to follow yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love seeing rainbows!!! Beautiful shots!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for your comments! I'm only happy when I have comments. Really. You are contributing to my future happiness right now! XOXO