Music & Dance

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I love Dancing With The Stars.

There, I admitted it.

I mean, it has more to do with the fact of the 2 years of ballroom lessons I too before I moved to Hungary and the fact that I've been taking dancing classes from other genres since I was little. But, nonetheless, I still love it.

And I love good music. It's something that can really stir or ease your soul. This is something that Sam over at Life is Beautiful discussed, and that we further discussed in a few fun emails. But, it still deserves a mention here. There's something about the opening chords of a song that can just completely change my mood - from good to bad, bad to good, you name it. Songs tie themselves to pieces of your life; a memory of a beautiful morning on the beach, a fight with a loved one, your high school graduation. There are some songs that hold such a hard tie to some events that I can't listen to them if I'm not in the right mood to be brought back to that (happy or sad or anything in between) memory. J.K. Rowling said it best: "Ah, music! A magic beyond all we do here!" And it's true, music is a form of magic.

So, being abroad I still have my music. But coming by DWTS is a challenge (you can't watch most American TV shows on their stations websites abroad, not Hulu!). So, I tend to miss things like this amazing performance which beautifully melds two things I love: dancing and music. (Because really, can you have one without the other?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all so much for your comments! I'm only happy when I have comments. Really. You are contributing to my future happiness right now! XOXO