Gotta Get Through This

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

In todays edition of randomness, I give you:

Things I need to remember today, as said by some people slightly more famous than myself.

---


The Mathemagician nodded knowingly and stroked his chin several times. “You’ll find,” he remarked gently, “that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort."

[Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth]
---


They walked back to the chopping block, Claire carrying the crab in her hands. Helen paused. "You know, I'd like to ask you something a friend asked me once, if you don't think it's too personal."

"What is it?"

"What do you do that makes you happy? Just you?"

Claire looked at Helen for a moment and thought, the crab resting on the block beneath her hands.

"I was just wondering," Helen continued. "No one ever asked me when I was your age, and I think it's a good thing to think about."

Claire nodded. Then she took the cleaver and cut the crab into ten pieces.

[Erica Bauermeister, The School of Essential Ingredients]
---


"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

[A.A. Milne, Christopher Robin to Pooh]
---


"Sometimes, making the wrong choice is better than making no choice. You have the courage to go forward, that is rare. A person who stands at the fork, unable to pick, will never get anywhere."

[Terry Goodkind, Wizard's First Rule]
---

And, as a suggestion: all these books are amazing. I would (and do) recommend any and all of them to you. If you want to know more about a certain one (or have a suggestion of a book I should add to my queue), please either comment or email it to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all so much for your comments! I'm only happy when I have comments. Really. You are contributing to my future happiness right now! XOXO