Work. It. Out.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ah, an excuse to take a break!
Thanks to Meghan (@ The Perfect Compilation Tape)
Is again hosting her "Top 5 Thursdays"
(which I love, because I love lists SO much)
and this week's topic is:
Top 5 Workout Songs

Now, if you know me at all,
or at least read this blog occasionally,
you know I tend to define myself, my moods, my phases,
my whatever, through two things:
quotes & music.

So, yeah.
Narrowing it down to 5 songs?
Next-to-impossible.

But I did it.

You'll note here that I'm a strange work-out-music-listener.
I can't stand the loud, techno, pumping beats
when I work out. Because, really?
It makes my eardrums feel like they're going to pop,
and that's one less pain I need when I'm already bustin'-butt.

So, my jams?
They tend to still have a beat,
but it's a little softer, and hidden a little.

I've also tried in this Top-5
to showcase some of my more eclectic tastes in music.
Hey, Meghan said she wanted new tunes to run to,
I didn't want to recycle the oldies
(but at least one did make the list!)

Have I talked enough yet?
Can you tell I'm the world's best procrastinator?
Fine, fine, fine!
My list:

1. "Home" Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros


2. "I Run To You" - Lady Antebellum


3. "New Great Divide" Hanson
(seriously? Hanson on the blog twice in two days?
Alicia, you better appreciate this...)


4. "Snow is Gone (Hello Starling)" Josh Ritter
(ps. isn't he just the happiest performer you've ever seen?!)


5. "Get What You Give" New Radicals
(oh, the throwback!)


Hope that helps, Meghan!

...hmm,
maybe "How NOT to Write A Thesis {Vol.2}"
should be
"Play Along With Blog Link-Ups"
...
Nah.

2 comments:

  1. Nice ones! Now I have a few new workout choices too. :) Thanks for sharing.

    Happy Thursday.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love New Radicals! Great list! Now get back to your thesis:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for your comments! I'm only happy when I have comments. Really. You are contributing to my future happiness right now! XOXO