This week's Top Ten Tuesday by The Broke and the Bookish is the Top Ten Words/Topics that Instantly Make Me Pick Up or Buy A Book. And, oh my goodness, yet again this topic is perfect. There are so many things that could/do make me pick up a book!
1. Magic - Particularly those that are in the YA genre. It doesn't have to say "magic" in particular, but if it even indicates on the cover that there might be magic in the book? You can bet I would pick up the book and at least read the back cover!
2. Post-Apocalyptic - Again, preferably if it's a YA novel. And has an interesting premise. I'll pick it up and at least read the back cover (and probably buy it, yes).
3. Psychological Thrillers - Weakness. Complete and total weakness. Think Criminal Minds in print form. I'm a sucker for these books.
4. Crime/Murder - Kay Scarpetta? Women's Murder Club? If it's got this in the title or it is placed next to another of my favorites? I'm at least reading the back cover.
5. Circus - I LOVE THE CIRCUS. Part of me used to want to run away and join one. So now? I want to read anything that has to do with one.
6. Travel - For a girl with a serious case of wanderlust, anything that looks like it could/does deal with travel sells me in an instant.
I'm going to cut this list off at six, because I cannot make this list get to ten without forcing it. Maybe by the time I read all of your lists mine will be up to ten :) Because, really? Any book stands the chance of me picking it up or buying it. I like books. A lot. What can I say?
What about you guys? What written on a book catches your eye the fastest?