A Year Gone By

Thursday, May 2, 2013


This post has been weighing heavily on my heart the past few days. I thought about writing it earlier and setting it to post, but that didn't seem quite right. It had to happen today, filled with my thoughts and emotions of today and this past week. It had to be written in the moment, not crafted and eloquent. 

Just emotion, nothing else.

A year ago, today, the world lost an amazing, amazing man. 

Mr. U. was a man like none other. 

His heart had so much love to give. So much. Anyone who came into his life was immediately welcomed with a smile, warm hug, and more love than they knew what to do with. His compassion knew no bounds. He was always there to help someone in need, provide comfort to someone who was down, provide what was needed simply because it was the right thing to do. 

And people loved him equally as much. 

I miss him. 

So much.

It's hard to believe that it's been a year since he last walked the earth. Since he last sat out on a porch swing marveling in everything that is so wonderful in the world. Since he last sat across the living room, smiling at me and my dad and singing "hey there, daddy's girl." Since he last reminded me to always, always tell people who you care about that you love them. 

Since he last kissed me goodbye and said "I love you."

My heart hurts. It aches. 

But I'm not just filled with sadness today. I am also still so completely full with love.

Love for, and love from, a man who loved everyone and everything without limits. A man that loved life in a way that makes me spend my days wanting to find that same joy and passion about everything in my day. A man who I always hope to make proud.

I love you, Mr. U., always. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all so much for your comments! I'm only happy when I have comments. Really. You are contributing to my future happiness right now! XOXO