I always miss the HodgePodge when I've been away for a while.
So, here I am! Back and thrilled to be here!
1. What is one way the world has changed for the better since you were a kid?
Seriously, just being able to get directions when you're lost
and when you're scared/worried about being lost,
from a little pice of plastic in your hand?
That's the best thing ever.
2. And one way for the worse?
We've forgotten how to disconnect from each other virtually
and be able to connect personally.
(And I'm just as guilty as the rest of the world)
3. Favorite 'star'?
I'm inclined to say Starbucks ;)
But that wouldn't be accurate.
Starlight - Shooting Stars.
I love all things star in the night.
4. Name a song that's overplayed, but you love it anyways.
'Cruise' by Florida Georgia Line.
LOVE that song. Play it on repeat, please.
5. When did you last have homemade ice cream? Latest favorite flavor?
Real, made at home?
Last summer, my friend Lauren makes the best ice cream.
But I live in New England and we're the home of
little road-side, home-made ice cream places.
So all my ice cream is homemade :)
Khalua Chip :)
6. What do you think is the best way to inspire or motivate people?
Treat them with kindness and respect - as equals,
and let them try things their own way,
let them make mistakes and be real, honest people.
And then help build them back up when things don't go perfectly right.
Be a leader, not a boss.
7. When was the last time you were without power?
This past winter.
New England, remember?
Power outages are common around here in the winter.
8. Random Thought
One month of vacation time is spread out ahead of me,
and I couldn't, couldn't, be more thrilled.