This week The Broke and The Bookish bring us this topic for Top Ten Tuesday is: The Top Ten Things That Make Life As A (Book) Blogger Easier.
This may be the hardest week to get to 10 so far! But, I'm gonna try!
1. Goodreads - Seriously, Goodreads is both the devil and the best thing ever invented. I love being able to track the books I have read and want to read. I also love the scan feature on the iPhone app. But, that app and the site itself? I have over 400 books listed so far as "want to read" and that is crazy! However, I do love that I can see other peoples' honest reviews of books so that I can try to avoid books that I wouldn't like in the long run. I also really, really love the Goodreads Challenge - but I hate when it tells me I'm behind in my reading (like it is telling me now...).
2. Coffee - Or tea, really. Because what's better than curling up with a good book and a cup of something delicious?
3. The Library - I need to use the library more. Because I really do spend way, way too much money on books. But, I do a great job using my library for audio books (those suckers are really expensive to purchase!).
4. Vacation - I get so much more reading done when I have no time constraints from work or decompressing from work. And there's not much better than a sunny day on the beach with your toes in the sand and a great book to get lost in (especially if you have that delicious cup of coffee at your side).
5. Twitter - Okay, this doesn't make my life easier. But, seriously. Every time I get re-tweeted or replied to by an author I get so freaking giddy and excited. It totally makes my day. Every time. A happy blogger is a good blogger, right?
6. NetGalley - Another thing I need to use more! Who doesn't love free books? Because, my wallet? Loves free books. I just need to get on a better schedule of reading and reviewing and requesting these books. Because right now I'm a hot mess in the time/life management department.
7. A Pen - We'll get to this a little more in a future In The Margins, but I love to mark up my books. I write in the margins, I underline quotes I love, and I've even started jotting in definitions of words I don't know (who's studying for the GRE? this girl). Maybe I never got over keeping notes in college texts, but I love flipping through older books and skimming lines I marked and notes I've left. Call it sacrileg, but I adore having a pen in my hand when I read.
8. My Fellow Bloggers - This one is probably the most important. I have found out about so many great books because of you guys. And this community of readers who blog? Y'all are wonderful.
Okay, so I got to eight. But, they're a pretty solid eight, right? How about you guys? What makes your life as a blogger (specifically, book blogging) easier?