TTT: Halloween Love

Tuesday, October 29, 2013


This week for Top Ten Tuesday we've been asked to think about our Top Ten Reads For Halloween. Thanks The Broke and The Bookish - I LOVE Halloween. So, this is going to be a fun list to compile. Bring on the spooks and the things that go bump in the night.

1. Coraline by Neil Gaiman - Creepy, fantastical, and spooky. A perfect Halloween read.

2. The Works of Edgar Allen Poe - The master of creepiness himself. Poe never fails to deliver a spook and a shiver down your spine. Tell Tale Heart and The Cask of Amontillado will never cease to freak me out. 

3. The Green Mile by Stephen King - Second only to Poe, I'm pretty sure. Mr. King does not disappoint with this novel - heartbreaking and so, so creepy. 

4. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley - Such a Halloween classic.

5. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness - I love everything about this book. And what else goes hand in hand with Halloween better than witches? 

6. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - I want to wander around in the Night Circus on Halloween more than anything. Wouldn't it be the perfect setting for a Halloween festival? 

7. Dead Until Dark by Charleen Harris - Like many of the other books on this list, Vampires are so perfect for Halloween. And Sookie is just supernatural enough to make for a great Halloween read. 

What about you guys? What books are on your go-to list for Halloween? What ones have I missed on mine? 


1 comment:

  1. That's a great list, Courtney. Coraline the movie gave me goose bumps, that's so not for kids! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for your comments! I'm only happy when I have comments. Really. You are contributing to my future happiness right now! XOXO