2013 Reads: Twenty-Nine {Walking Disaster - Jamie McGuire}

Saturday, August 31, 2013


I'll warn you ahead of time, this is probably going to be a short review.

It was nice to see more of Travis and to get in his mind, but if I'm being honest - I skimmed this one...

WHAT WAS WRITTEN

The follow up to Beautiful Disaster is the story of Abby and Travis, but this time it's told from Travis's perspective.

Travis's mother taught him two things before she died: love hard, fight harder. But what happens when you love someone too much?

Travis's life is a crazy one: fast women, motorcycles, alcohol, and an underground fight ring of which he is the king. He's the bad boy of his school, every girl wants him and every guy wants to be him. And he loves every minute of it - until Abby Abernathy walks into his life.


WHAT MY BRAIN HAS TO SAY ON THE MATTER

Eh.

I know a lot of people got just as sucked into this one as the first book. But? Not me.

Like I said earlier, it was nice to see the story from Travis's perspective. And to see some of what has made him the man that he is today. Because it's always interesting to see why the bad boy became the bad boy. And I did appreciate the evolution of Travis through this story - to see his change of attitude and language and outlook.

But, I was mostly interested in the parts of the story where Travis and Abby were separate - to fill in the blanks from Beautiful Disaster if you will. The parts of the story they were together? Not as intriguing as they were the first time I read them. Sure, Travis's perspective is unique to the story, but it was the same story all over again.

After reading and getting so sucked into Beautiful Disaster I was so ready to fall in love with Walking Disaster. Sure, I enjoyed it, but I guess it just didn't live up to my expectations. 

THE NITTY GRITTY

Title: Walking Disaster
Author: Jamie McGuire
Genre: New Adult, Chick Lit 
Medium: Paperback, 433pp
Publisher: Atria
Date Read: 13 August 2013
Source: Purchased @ Barnes & Nobel
Recommended For: College +, Romance Enthusiasts, New Adult Lovers, FanFic Lovers
Challenges: Goodreads

First Line: Even with the sweat on her forehead and the skip in her breath, she didn't look sick. 
Last Line: Maybe that was more than a couple of sinners deserved, but I wasn't going to complain. [whited out, for spoiler's sake]



1 comment:

  1. Hi Courtney, just letting you know that you are in my Featured Book Blog sidebar for September on Carole's Chatter. Have a great week. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for your comments! I'm only happy when I have comments. Really. You are contributing to my future happiness right now! XOXO