TTT: Well, That Makes Life Easier

Tuesday, August 20, 2013


This week The Broke and The Bookish bring us this topic for Top Ten Tuesday is: The Top Ten Things That Make Life As A (Book) Blogger Easier.

This may be the hardest week to get to 10 so far! But, I'm gonna try!

1. Goodreads - Seriously, Goodreads is both the devil and the best thing ever invented. I love being able to track the books I have read and want to read. I also love the scan feature on the iPhone app. But, that app and the site itself? I have over 400 books listed so far as "want to read" and that is crazy! However, I do love that I can see other peoples' honest reviews of books so that I can try to avoid books that I wouldn't like in the long run. I also really, really love the Goodreads Challenge - but I hate when it tells me I'm behind in my reading (like it is telling me now...). 

2. Coffee - Or tea, really. Because what's better than curling up with a good book and a cup of something delicious?

3. The Library - I need to use the library more. Because I really do spend way, way too much money on books. But, I do a great job using my library for audio books (those suckers are really expensive to purchase!).

4. Vacation - I get so much more reading done when I have no time constraints from work or decompressing from work. And there's not much better than a sunny day on the beach with your toes in the sand and a great book to get lost in (especially if you have that delicious cup of coffee at your side). 

5. Twitter - Okay, this doesn't make my life easier. But, seriously. Every time I get re-tweeted or replied to by an author I get so freaking giddy and excited. It totally makes my day. Every time. A happy blogger is a good blogger, right?

6. NetGalley - Another thing I need to use more! Who doesn't love free books? Because, my wallet? Loves free books. I just need to get on a better schedule of reading and reviewing and requesting these books. Because right now I'm a hot mess in the time/life management department. 

7. A Pen - We'll get to this a little more in a future In The Margins, but I love to mark up my books. I write in the margins, I underline quotes I love, and I've even started jotting in definitions of words I don't know (who's studying for the GRE? this girl). Maybe I never got over keeping notes in college texts, but I love flipping through older books and skimming lines I marked and notes I've left. Call it sacrileg, but I adore having a pen in my hand when I read.  

8. My Fellow Bloggers - This one is probably the most important. I have found out about so many great books because of you guys. And this community of readers who blog? Y'all are wonderful. 

Okay, so I got to eight. But, they're a pretty solid eight, right? How about you guys? What makes your life as a blogger (specifically, book blogging) easier? 


6 comments:

  1. Ew, I dislike both coffee and tea (which isn't good since I'll be going to London in three weeks and EVERYONE constantly offers it over there)...

    I can't believe I forgot fellow bloggers in my list. Duh. And a pen? I think if I were to mark in my books (which I don't) I would rather use a pencil. It just seems so permanent. Eek! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list this week. We share many of the same things. I don't know where I'd be without Goodreads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with Goodreads to-read list. Its growing rapidly and now its daunting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Love this. Of course, we have overlapping ones :) I love that you mentioned a pen! I don't write in my books, but I do use my notes app or a sticky note! Great list:)

    Thanks for stopping by my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that you have vacation... I too get a lot of reading done on vacations!!

    Angie
    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for your comments! I'm only happy when I have comments. Really. You are contributing to my future happiness right now! XOXO