Update

Monday, October 11, 2010

So, in the end, I decided to go home for the week and visit my Great Aunt Ruth (who is 94, not 96, oops). It was a whirlwind of last-minute-ticket-buying, and after an incredible deal on the tickets (I like to think that meant that I was supposed to go home), here I am. Well, I got to New England Saturday night and down to Connecticut Sunday morning, but I'm still down here.

She looks like she's doing well. I mean that big of a surgery at 94 years old, looking well is a big deal. She's making babysteps forward, and that's really all you can ask for, you know? Any progress is good progress. So, thank you for your thoughts and prayers - they're working! So, please, continue to keep her in them :)

And now, since I'm in the middle of doing work for school since I took the week off, I will leave you with an awesome song that you should love (there's only a live version on YouTube, but the one on iTunes is pretty amazing too). It's the perfect autumn in New England type of song.

"New Hampshire," by Jason Reeves.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your aunt is doing well and that you were able to get home to see her. Autumn in NE is certainly beautfiul!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for your comments! I'm only happy when I have comments. Really. You are contributing to my future happiness right now! XOXO