Here Comes Peter Cottontail!

Saturday, April 23, 2011



Happy Easter!
(okay, I'm a day early, I know)

but still,
HAPPY EASTER!
I'm a little melancholy this year about Easter.

Lent is over,
I can have a soda tomorrow,
but I don't really want to.

I have a giant box of candy & Rice Krispies Treats
that my parents sent for Easter,
which makes me so happy.


But I really want to be home,
having Easter dinner with my family,
rather than hanging out in my dorm room,
and writing my thesis.

Somehow, being here for Easter is a little harder
than being here for Thanksgiving.

I think it's because we had 'Thanksgiving"
with friends here, so it felt like it happened.
But Easter? There's no Easter dinner planned,
no big gathering. Nada.

I would just much rather be home.
But you know? I'll probably be home next year, right?
So, one year of Easter abroad I can do.
Right?



So, Happy Easter!
Remember the reason we celebrate, okay?

And he departed from our sight that we might
return to our heart, and there find Him.
For He departed, and behold, He is here.

[St Augustine]

all images from we [heart]it

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you're missing your family this year. I hope you had a good holiday anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's something that will maybe make you smile??

    www.27bslash6.com/easter.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for your comments! I'm only happy when I have comments. Really. You are contributing to my future happiness right now! XOXO