1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup Nutella (or other hazelnut chocolate spread)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cream butter with an electric mixer about 1 minute or until smooth. Add in both sugars. Beat on high speed about 3 minutes until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- With the mixer on low, add the egg and vanilla. Then add Nutella and mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and mix on low speed until incorporated. Increase the speed to medium and mix just until the dough is smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into almond-sized balls and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 6-7 minutes or until set. Let cookies cool about 5 minutes and transfer to a rack to cool completely
- for fun: frost with chocolate/white chocolate frosting, add sprinkles or chocolate chips, decorate for Valentine's Day - the possibilities here are endless!