Hey! I'm still alive, I swear!
After that blog challenge - which was amazing, by the way - I just needed a few days to regroup and, you know, get some school work done.
But - hello to all you new followers! Please, leave a note, say hello - I'm so glad to have you all here now! It was so nice to 'meet' so many new blogs and bloggers through the challenge!
Let me introduce myself to those new friends out there :)
8 Fun Facts About Courtney
1. I LOVE Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. LOVE. It's probably pretty close to an addiction. I love them so much that, since I'm in a country where they don't exist, I hoard them for special occasions. This is very hard for me to do, but totally worth it.
2. I got some awesome nail polish in the mail with my blog swap (which I will post about in my next post - waiting for the pictures to be uploaded now). And therefore, I painted my fingernails for the first time in years. I normally only do my toenails, so this is a big deal! It surprises me every time I look at my hands.
3. My life seems to be defined by music. I love the stuff. Even genres that I don't think I'll like? I usually find something that I love in it. Really. My iTunes has everything from ABBA to Broadway Musicals t0 JayZ to Chris Botti to Nsync to Oldies to whatever else you can think of.
4. I hate being more than three hours away from the beach. I feel totally land-locked in Budapest. I love when I can take a day trip to the beach on a whim or go sit and talk with friends at night and watch the stars. It's not the same when it takes a plane trip to get to the waves.
5. I still keep my stuffed animal and blanket from my youth in my bed with me. Yes, judge if you must. I don't care. They've been around the world with me, that's enough reason to keep them close :)
6. I seem to collect random hobbies. Fencing? yes. Ballroom dancing? yes. Aerial acrobatics? yes. Bikram yoga? yes. I love it all :)
7. My Vibram Five Fingers are my favorite current shoes. I love them. As much as I love a cute pair of heels of ballet flats - I would trade those in for another new pair of Fivefingers any day. I love the weird looks I get at my feet on the metro. I love running in them. I love feeling the rocks under my feet without feeling the rocks under my feet. I would recommend these shoes to anyone and everyone.
8. I love: getting letters in the mail, my Carolina Tar Heels, the color blue, the sunshine, quotes, pictures, photography, and the numbers 5, 7, and 13 (why have one lucky number?)