"let each new year find you a better man"

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Be always at war with your vices,
at peace with your neighbors,
and let each new year find you a better man.

[Benjamin Franklin]


Since my New Year's Eve won't look like this:


...I'm going to be chilling at home with my mom (and dad by phone since he has to work!) in my PJ's. A nice relaxing beginning to the new year? That sounds amazing to me. I really hope 2012 follows suit on the amazing department.

Because, really?
2011 was pretty sweet.

I rounded out my two years living in Europe
(and, yes, miss it like crazy)

I went to:
- Madrid to eat
- Venice for Carnival

I presented a paper at a conference at Cambridge University,
then visited Dublin,
and London,
both with good friends!

I GRADUATED WITH MY MASTER'S DEGREE
(and realized I NEVER WROTE A POST ABOUT IT!
SILLY COURTNEY!)

I traveled to Poland and Prague with my family
(and still need to write about those too, oops!)

I worked at camp again.
And LOVED it.

I celebrated my 26th Birthday,
and recounted 26 lessons for 26 years.

I took an impromptu trip to Boulder, CO & Washington DC
Basically? 2011 was pretty cool to me,
and I hope it was to you too.

In closing:


Keep those you love closer to you than ever.
Remind those you love that you love them often.
Have meaningful relationships.
Smile.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

  1. Girlfriend, even if you were out partying, your new year should NOT look like that. =) Here's hoping that 2012 is as rich as 2011 was.

    Have a fabulous week and a happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen Mission Impossible? The opening scene is Budapest : ) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for your comments! I'm only happy when I have comments. Really. You are contributing to my future happiness right now! XOXO